Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A stack of old floppy disks

I was cleaning out my craft (read: "crap") room, which also happens to house a lot of boxes of things from my parents' house, and I found something pretty great.  I'll stop and say right now that I moved out of my parents' house back in 2007.  Okay--I partly moved out in 2003 when I went to college, but I was only going to school in Boulder and they lived in Broomfield, so it was kind of 50/50 between my apartment and their house.  (Free food, laundry that didn't require quarters, and great company.  I don't think you can blame me.)

Anyways, I was trying to straighten out my craft room, and I found this old shoe box filled with old floppy disks of books that I wrote years ago.  I found the original drafts of the Waldgrave series.  I found a series that I had completely forgotten, and definitely merits a revisit.  I found some things that were complete trash, and others that amazed me.  It was freaking awesome.  I'm hoping some of it may be fit to publish, or at least fit to rewrite, but I'll have to wait until I have the time to give it a good look.



In other news, I finished my base draft of Pale Hound, Redemption Book 4 last night, and I have set up the pre-order on Amazon here.  The tentative date of publication is April 30th, and I am so thrilled to be moving on to writing my next book.  I had a lot of fun outlining book 5, so I'm hoping the first draft goes smoothly this month.

More soon,
Al


No comments:

Post a Comment