Saturday, November 5, 2011

Where have I been...?

Well, it's been a long and mundane stretch since my last update.  More of the same--editing and formatting, and more editing.  I am giving Waldgrave 3 a run through, and it's at the top of my list.  For anyone who has been concerned about this, Secrets of the Guardian, Waldgrave Part 3 is entirely written; I am going through it to remove as many glaring errors as I am fortunate enough to catch.  Then, I will send it off to my group of editors and pre-readers, and they will do the same.

After I have Waldgrave 3 out of my hands, there will likely be a trickle of updates as I format and get out various formats of the books (paperback, smashords, iBooks, etc.).

I'm getting ahead of myself here, but after I have released Waldgrave 3, I am going to start focusing on writing again for a while.  This could take several paths; the following three are the most likely candidates.  I have a Waldgrave series sequel in the works, an original series that I am a few books into writing, and another original series that I am about 30 pages in to.  I'm not sure which I will focus on yet.

A lot of people who have read the Waldgrave books have asked me for a sequel.  I wrote one once, and then archived it and started over.  There are two more complete books that take place in the Waldgrave universe hanging out on my laptop; I'm not sure if I will ever edit or release these.  One of them received only lukewarm reception from my earliest Waldgrave fan; the other has been for my eyes only so far, mostly because I intended it as another series, and I haven't finished the other books yet.

The series I am a few books into needs some work and consideration.  I have had a lot of fun writing it, but I initially wrote it as an experiment in using first-person narrative, and then later decided to put it in third-person narrative.  So, I am just beginning to go back through and change the perspective (much more labor intensive than one might imagine).

My most recent idea--the new series I am about 30 pages into--had my muse friend in stitches last night as I described the series premise to her.  It seems like it would be a lot of fun to write.

That's all for now,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment