Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Preparing for Launch

Today I put final touches on the first two novellas in the Hawthorn series in preparation for the launch later this month.  I also did my final edits on those two novellas to iron out plot holes.  I am currently interviewing editors, so if anyone wants to throw their name in the hat, please email me your rates at addisynltyler@gmail.com.

Today, me and the kiddo also made a couple of loaves of apple bread.  It was my last jar of preserved apples from last year, so kind of a Big Deal in my kitchen.  It was a bad year for fruit, because a late freeze killed 90% of the buds.  Additionally, that apple tree died from fire blight early this spring with no indication that anything was wrong until it was too late.  I'm going to miss those apples...sigh.

My zucchini and acorn squash plants keep producing, and the cucumbers finally decided to show.  We canned our first batch of pickles last week, with more to come.  I planted butternut squash this year, but for some reason, they seem to have stalled out at about 5" long each.  Cute little squashes, but I have no idea why they didn't grow to a normal size.

Happy Reading.
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment