Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Camp NaNoWriMo, I'm finally starting!

My edits for Pale Hound ran over, which led me to making another quick draft cover (still debating if I like it more--see draft below).  Then I went to the zoo with a friend who I rarely get to see because we live a long distance apart (time well spent).  Then I had to take my son in for a routine medical appointment, and found out he will need some not routine medical tests (stressful).  Then I got sick, probably partly from the stress.  :P

But my child is safely sleeping now, the edits are done, I'm holed up on the couch with my cats and my laptop, and it's raining tonight.  I'm finally ready to start writing for April's Camp NaNoWriMo, so yay!

This is the first NaNo I've gone into with a detailed outline in hand, so I'm interested to see how it affects my speed and voice while writing.  If it's not working, I may just ditch the outline, but I hope it does work.  I've heard from many other writers that they were able to increase their writing speed (and even the quality of their writing) with a good outline.  

So if you're doing Camp NaNo this month, I'll see you there.  :)

And here's that cover.  The changes are subtle from the previous version, but I wanted to put a little more plot into the image this time around with the sparks.  I also felt that the sky was a little too barren without clouds, so I added some wisps and readjusted the treeline to make it more interesting.  Pale Hound is currently available for pre-order, to be released on the 30th of this month.


Happy writing,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment