Saturday, March 16, 2013

Checking in

Just popping in to say that I'm not dead, just avoiding digital life for a while.  I'm updating a few links and such, and experimenting with a few other marketing tools online.

Also, writing another book.  An editor wanted a prequel, so I am writing it.  I will probably put the prequel out as a free ebook to introduce the new series, but we'll see when we get there.  :)

Latest LibraryThing Giveaway:  Meh.  I'm glad that I did it for the genuine readers I reached, and even the ones who disliked the book.  The feedback is valuable.  I'm finding that many who receive the book won't review it (which is fine, their decision--and I personally hate commenting on books that I may have nothing to say about, so it is fine with me if that is the case).  Unfortunately, it leaves me waiting and wondering if people read the book and just didn't like it, or didn't read the book, or are the guy requesting the book as a kindle gift who then never cashes it in and I talk to my author friends and find out that the guy is signing up for as many ebook giveaways as possible and requesting kindle gifts to cash in on something that isn't the giveaway book...

'Til next time,
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment