Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring

Spring is here, and the incidence of my seeing frozen spit on the sidewalks while walking to work is at a low (and seriously, who does this, anyways?).  The buses are no longer to cold, but now they smell like body odor.  C'est la vie.

This time of year is normally when I start planting my garden.  It is a little early--frost danger isn't really over until end of April--but I like to get my hardier plants going so that they might get a longer growing season.  However, this year, I may or may not be moving, and for that reason, I am hesitant to plant.  Major bummer because I love gardening, and I may not get one this year.

In other news, I am trying to decorate my cubicle at work.  I haven't been at the job that long, so not much is in there now, but I figure I need to do something before I become known as the weird girl with the spartan working arrangement.  I already have an orchid to put in there, but another restriction I am working under is that I walk and take the bus to work.  So anything I take has to be small enough to fit in my backpack, and light enough to be carried a mile.  Suggestions would be appreciated, as I am not as extroverted or socially aware as some of you out there.

What do you keep at work?  What do you enjoy seeing in other people's offices?

Al

1 comment:

  1. I'd bring a nice wallet sized photo of your and your hubby at your wedding. Those are always liked by co-workers, because it makes them feel like they know a little more about you. Also, maybe bring a personalized pen holder, something witty or just plain pretty (whatever your flavor is).

    ReplyDelete